When filling out a form on our site, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, or other details so we can customize your experience. We may use the information collected to:
• send you emails of news and articles that we think will be of interest to you
• administer a contest, promotion, survey or other feature
• ask for ratings and/or reviews of services or products
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. Although we do not use an SSL certificate at this time, as we only provide articles and information on the website, we scan for malware on a regular basis.
We will not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties any Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advanced notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information, when appropriate, to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
At our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree that:
Users can visit our site anonymously
We honor Do Not Track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place. We also do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 17 years old.
Fair Information Practices
To be in line with Fair Information Practices, should a data breach occur, we will notify users via email within 7 business days. We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors that fail to adhere to the law.
CAN SPAM Act
We collect your email address to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business, shown below in the footer of this site.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by following instructions at the bottom of each email and honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.